Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Updates For the New Year

Hello All! 
I'm so sorry it has been so long since I last posted.  I honestly think time just got away from me.  I was thinking, "Hmmm, it's been almost a week since I last posted."  Then, when I looked, I saw it had actually been closer to two weeks!  Sorry!  So, I thought I'd give you this first post of the new year just to update you on the events of the past few weeks.

Christmas
Christmas was a wonderful, beautiful event.  Hans had off from work, and we spent the entire time doing nothing.  Last year we had 17 people, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a baby in our apartment.  The year before that, we traveled to MN and AZ to visit family.  This year, with all that's been going on, we just wanted to sleep.  Hans and I spent all day watching movies and just enjoying being with each other.

Oh, and I also gave Hans is gift.  He was expecting a tool or two, and he got tools...he got a lot of tools.  Hans has been so wonderful, and he's been building dog beds for the business, an endeavor that means he's had to spend extra time at the theater just to have tools to use.  Of course, this means he hasn't built many beds nor has he been home as often as possible.  So, I made an investment.  Hans now has a workshop.  That was the best thing on Christmas, watching him open every tool and watching his face light up.  Christmas was good.

New Year
While we wanted Christmas day to be quiet, we did want to see family at some point.  We saw my dad right after Christmas, but we wanted more.  So, shortly after Christmas, we drove down to NC to visit Hans' grandma, Gan.  I hadn't seen Gan in a year, so I was very excited.

We spent the past few days visiting with Gan and Hans' cousins (some of which we hadn't seen in 3 years).  It was so nice seeing everybody, but it was almost nicer just having a chance to get away.  Cody had a blast having us all to himself, and we enjoyed waking up on our own schedule as opposed to waking up to the dog's schedule (Cody is great about following our schedule).

We rang in the new year last night with Gan, and I think that was a wise decision.  Opening the new year with family is always great.  Today we drove home, and now I'm back in my own house.

Birthdays
The other fun thing about today is that it's my dad's birthday.  So, while I'd love to fall asleep, we're instead going to visit Dad and join him for dinner.  Don't worry, I'm equally excited about that.

In three days (on the 4th) we'll celebrate my mom's birthday.  Kind of exciting to have two birthdays so close, huh?  So, the next week will be somewhat exciting.

Otherwise, there are a lot of other things coming up, and I'll have to keep you posted on that.  I hope you all have a beautiful and wonderful New Year.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment