Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life Is Good

Alright, so, honestly I don't have much to talk about.  Life has been busy and crazy and hectic, and I've been loving every minute of it.

Lately, I feel like I've come back from the dead.  For the past few months there's been this cloud hanging over my head.  I was tired and cranky and irritable.  I'm pretty sure whenever I entered the room Hans would sound some sort of alarm for others to scatter.  I felt over-extended, and at the same time I felt like I wasn't extending myself enough.  What I really wanted was to just lie in bed and stay asleep.  Oh what joy THAT would have brought!  And, I knew what some of the factors to my mood were (I'll discuss those some other time), but knowing them didn't seem to help at all.

Lately, though, I've been feeling good.  Sure, some days are easier than others, but so far each day has seemed better and better.  I'm feeling more energized, and I'm accomplishing a lot more (like writing this blog).  Spending time with the dogs has always been easy, but before all I wanted to do was lie down and sleep.  Now, I'm itching to take them to the park or hiking or some other fun activity.  For that, I'm simply waiting for warmer weather.

I have a few theories as to the improvement too.

1) My chiropractor appointments have helped immensely.  I feel like their really starting to stick, and I like that.

2) It's amazing what eating right can do for your energy.  Calorie Count has been a big help, but I'm doing more than counting calories.  I've been really careful to eat wholesome foods, and less processed foods.  Good for me!

3) It's also amazing what a bit of exercise can do for your energy AND for your mentality.  I love endorphins.  I'm not doing a lot, mainly riding my bike inside.  That said, does anyone have any solutions for the sore-butt that my bike causes?  As in, I could ride a lot longer if sitting up there didn't hurt my bony rear so much. 

The mood has been relatively short-lived, but I'd be really happy if it continued.  Here's to keeping up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment