Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something Smells

What a day yesterday was!  This was the view of my basement around 11:00 yesterday morning.


Let me start at the beginning.  Last week Hans and I noticed a slight leak in the basement.  This is not entirely unusual in this area, and while we new it wasn't from outside moisture we assumed it was a mild leak coming from a hose we have down there (maybe needed a new washer or something).  Then, on Friday, Hans was downstairs dealing with the dogs, and I was upstairs getting ready for the morning.  When I flushed the toilet, Hans discovered that the leak was NOT from the hose, but was instead from a sewage pipe.  EWWWW!  Luckily, we had a home warranty and could easily get someone to come out and repair it.

I had noticed over the weekend that the leak was getting worse, and things were getting stinky.  When the plumber came out, he informed us that it wasn't just a small leak.  We could see the crack from the top of the pipe leading into the floor.  The plumber had to drill into our floor and replace the whole pipe.  I couldn't use the bathroom for the day.  Luckily I had appointments and my appointments had toilets.  :P

Right as the plumber was leaving the treadmill repair guy came.  Get this, something had simply come unglued!!!  Actually, that's about how I feel most of the time...coming unglued.  Anyway, I now have a working treadmill again!!  Woot!!!  Sprinkles can get walked without going into the cold and rain, and I can walk without going into the cold and rain.  It's a beautiful thing.

Other than that, I've been busy catching up on work.  Things have been hectic but good.  Let's keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment