Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Of Those Days

Have you ever had one of THOSE days?   You know, one of those days where nothing seems to go right?  That sort of day where you're tired and cranky and emotionally spent?  Yeah, that sums up my day today.

I know the biggest cause is the weather.  The darker clouds caused me to sleep in this morning, making me late for everything else.  The colder weather means my body has to work harder to stay warm, which means I'm tired sooner.  The colder, darker weather also encourages me to crawl back into bed and sleep, and it's a grand injustice that I can't.  I'm just in a cranky mood, and I very much wish it would go away.  Somehow, the energy I had last week vanished, and I'm exhausted!

Personally, I wish there was a pause button.  There could be some wonderful button that you could push that would make time stop, if only for a few minutes, so you could catch up.  You could have some you-time.  When I was younger and working in less-enjoyable jobs, my pause button was called "a potty break."  I would go into a stall, put my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands and just breathe.  I would roll my neck, stretch my legs, and read the writing on the walls.  This was my me-time. 

Now, that I'm running my own business, me-time is less and less.  And very rarely does a potty break constitute as me-time, what with dogs and cats wanting to follow in for cuddles (silly guys!).  Occasionally, I'll have that brief, wonderful space of time between two appointments when I can sit in the car and do something for myself.  Sometimes that means reading, other times napping.  In the summer, if Cody's with me, that often means going for a walk.  Oh, how I love those times.

Today, though, is not a day that allows those times.  Save for this post, my day has been go-go-go.  While this is quite a good thing, I still want to complain just a little.  I want to stamp my feet, fall to the ground and scream while someone else looks at me and says, "Somebody's tired.  Let's get you to bed."  Then I would go kicking and screaming until my head hit the pillow and I would sleep.  (In case you didn't get that, I want to be five and let someone else do all the work). 

I know this day will pass, and tomorrow, while busier, will probably be better (one can only hope).  If tomorrow's not better, Thursday will be.  I just keep telling myself, "This too shall pass."  That's what gets me through the tough days.  What do you do?  How do you get your me-time?  What do you do on days where there's no me-time to be found?  Hopefully, you can see as well that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment