Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Congratulations!


I realized today that I hadn't mentioned something very important. Two great friends of mine, Jess and Byron, got engaged this week. I am absolutely thrilled for them. They've been together for ages and it's about darn time. :P

I've known Jess since I was 10. We've shared secrets and crushes. She was always there for me when I needed her, and I hope I've been there for her too. We've also had a ton of fights, but that has never changed how close we are.

I remember when Jess first told me about Byron I remember being happy and really wanting to meet him. When I first met him, I wasn't so fond of him. Actually, I don't think we were extremely fond of each other. I think he found me boring and a bit of a fuddy dud, and I found him to be young and obnoxious. But as time went on, and I saw how happy he made Jess, he began to grow on me.

And he really has grown on me. Hans and I thoroughly enjoy going out with Jess and Byron. He makes me laugh with his silly comments and he makes me smile with his tenderness towards Jess and Miko (the dog). And, while I'll have to kick his butt if that ever changes, for now I can only shake his hand and say, "Your a good man. Take care of her. She's my best friend and I love her. Congratulations you two!"

No comments:

Post a Comment