Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bring On the Estrogen!

I am no longer the only girl in a dorm full of boys!!!! There is a new student here.

While a new female means having to do a little more work for bathroom time, it's totally worth it. She's a quiet girl, too, and I think it rubs off on everyone. I feel better about spending time in my room. I don't feel left out or lonely because I know I'm not the only one doing it. While I enjoy getting out and interacting, sometimes it's nice to just have some time to myself. Apparently new girl (whose name is Loretta) feels the same way.

Truth be told, she really reminds me of a very quiet friend of mine (you know who you are). And I must thank said friend for giving me the practice at starting a conversation and keeping it going. Dear friend, you have also given me the patience to tolerate said quiet. I know a few of my colleagues are frustrated, but I'm interested. I really just want to learn more about her. That being said, I still don't know what to make of her. Hopefully I learn more in the next few weeks.

In other news, I can't wait for the weekend to begin! Hans and I have decided to fly to MN to meet our nephnew (new nephew). I look forward to getting a real, live view of him. While he's probably the cutest newborn I've ever seen a picture of, I can't help but think he looks a bit like a tiny old man. His face is still kind of scrunched and he has hair. Let me stress again that I think he's adorable. The old man thing just makes him that much more lovable...and I'm sure he'll grow out of it (and eventually back into it but that's quite a ways down the road). Anyway, as I said, I'm excited. Woohoo! Plane trip!

2 comments:

  1. Tiny old man huh? :) Actually it is even more true in person, but he is even cuter in person too. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "nephnew", Really?, REALLY?

    ReplyDelete