Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Little Updates

This week has been fairly non-eventful. Not a lot has been going on. I've been preparing for Bark in the Park, and I believe it will come off without a hitch. There is still a lot to do, though, so I'm still freaking out a little. Mainly, I have to finish baking dog treats. The biggest thing is I'm not sure how many I should have. I want a minimum of 200 pairs, but I'm not sure that will be enough. Along with that, I'm buying cookies for people, and again, I'm not sure how many I should have. There may only be 200 people there, in which case I'm hope at least 100 stop by my booth. But what if there are 800 people there? I want to make sure I don't run out. Jess, Byron, and my mom are all coming over on Friday to help me make everything look nice, so I'll probably just bake as much as possible until then. Luckily the bones are easy to make, and it's just as easy to make a double batch as it is to make a single.

Other than that, Saturday was pretty fun. Hans and I went to the 43rd Street Festival with some friends of ours. We saw a lot of really nice art. There was one piece that was a picture of a dog, and I almost got it. It was really cute, but I decided to save my money for now and spend it on something better. The festival was also really good for networking. There were a lot of people with dogs there, so I stopped them and asked if Cody could meet there dogs. Once they mentioned how well behaved Cody was (and shock that he was only 2 years old) I would hand them a card. Hopefully I'll get some calls from that.

Oh, lastly, I'm trying to figure out some fun activities for Cody this week. I need him to be exhausted come this Saturday. I'm already planning to take him on long walks, take him to the dog park, and take him to the river. Along with that, I'm hoping some extended time at Mom's house will wear him out (he loves playing with her dogs). The plan is that, if I do these things every day, he'll be too tired to move on Saturday. However, if anyone has any other ideas, it would be very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment