Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Big News!!!!

Ok, so the first bit of big news, which most of you knew about anyway, is that Cody (the dog in the picture) is officially playing the roll of Sandy in Theatre IV's production of 'Annie' this spring. The play runs from April 24-May 17. If any of you can make it, let me know. We'd love to have you here!

Other big news, Cody officially started training today. He did about as I expected. He got distracted easily, but focused fairly quickly. I'm training him like he's never had any training before. Basically I'm starting from scratch. Of course, since Cody needs hand cues instead of voice commands (for the stage) I'm doing a few things differently, but all in all it's the same as the other dogs. I can't wait to work with him again. Obviously, he's my favorite dog to work with.

Lastly, today I got my very own dog to work with. All of the dogs I've been working with already had a start from other trainers. This dog just came in today. His name is Henry, he's a beagle (I think) and he's really sweet. Today was just socialization, getting him used to the place, but tomorrow we start training for real. I'm so excited! I guess that means I'm doing well?

You know, it's funny, because every morning I think, "I probably won't have much to post today." Yet every day, I'm filled with so much news. My only regret is I wish everyone could be here to watch it happen. I know I'm probably forgetting half the things that happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment