Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Past Few Days

Things have been crazy since Friday.  There's been so much going on, I thought I'd share with you a few of the things.

Saturday
Saturday I was supposed to go to adoption stand, but I was held up by the Richmond Marathon.  After being help up for 45 minutes, I decided to turn around, go home, and then go straight to my afternoon appointments.  (P.S. Brittany, if you're reading this I hope you did well on the half marathon).

My appointments were fun, but not super-eventful.  After my appointments, though, I went out to the VFW to help Jess set up for her wedding.  I have to tell you, Jess is super-crafty.  She made, all by herself, all of her favors and place settings.  Plus, her idea for the guest book was amazing.  She had a somewhat smaller wedding, so instead of doing an actual guest book she did something very unique.  One of Byron's coworks drew a tree full of branches but no leaves.  For each guest, she had them put their thumb print in orange, red, yellow, or green ink and write their names next to it.  She and Byron were in blue ink (like two blue birds in a tree).  It was really cute.

After we set up (and I'd driven out to get the cake), we returned to Jess' SIL's house for a sleep over.  I'll tell you, Jess' brother married a good woman.  She's such a sweetie!  We spent the rest of the evening enjoying pizza, cookies, and hot chocolate.

Sunday
Sunday was the big day.  Jessica was getting married!!!  The ceremony was small (something I love), but it was full of love and happiness.  I was surprised by how teary-eyed I got.

The reception was done beautifully.  Hans was in charge of sound, and he did wonderfully.  The best man gave a beautiful speech, and Jess and Byron looked so happy together.  It was such a beautiful day, I'm not even able to really put it into words.  Luckily, a picture is worth a thousand words, and Hans also played photographer for the day.  Luckily I wasn't photographer.  He's much better than I am.

A Beautiful Bride

Bride and the Matron of Honor- Don't we look like sisters?

A couple in love

A beautiful first dance

For a moment we thought the groom was going to run away with the best man!

This is a beautiful cake, but I especially loved the cake-topper.  I LOVE Willow Tree People.
Tuesday
Monday was non-eventful, just running errands, so I decided to skip ahead to yesterday.  Yesterday was FULL of events.

First, I woke up super early.  It was my day to appear on Virginia This Morning on CBS, and I was just a little excited.  I had set my alarm for 5:00 am, but I woke up at 3:15 and 4:30.  I was nervous, and I arrived at the studio 45 minutes early.  Luckily, Cody and I were on first.  I think it went well!

 

What do you think?

Oh, but that's not all that happened!  That afternoon I was on my way to an appointment.  It was rainy and wet, and traffic was heavy.  We had just passed stop light when a car stopped to turn left.  I stopped.  The car behind me didn't.  Well, she said, "I stopped but just kept sliding."  Basically, I was hit by a car going at least 20 miles per hour.  I spent the evening in St. Mary's Hospital taking x-rays and just wanting to go home.  I spent the night on muscle relaxers and pain medications, snuggled up to Cody, CJ, Mo, Stolte, and Hans.  This morning, I'm a little sore and I'm waiting for a call from the insurance adjuster.

For those of you who are wondering, a police report was filed, and all should go fairly smoothly.  I'm sure there will be lots of other issues later, but for now I'm just icing, moist-heating, and taking prescription medication.  Woot!

So, this autumn has been fairly eventful.  I've survived a tornado and a car crash, but I've also had a great time with business and even made an appearance on the news.  Lots of ups and downs!!!  I'm just hoping next year there are more ups than downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment