Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Eating Late

This is an issue I'm facing right now.  Actually, it may be a non-issue, but I'd love some advice.

So here's the deal.  I eat late...generally between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, almost never before 8:00 and occasionally after 10:00.  I'm not snacking or stress eating or mindless eating- that's when I have dinner.  Here's what happens in my day.

I typically wake up sometime between 6:30 and 7:30.  I'll shower, let the dogs out, and go have breakfast.  If I don't have appointments that morning I'll either work in the office or run errands.  Then it's off to my appointments.

The problem with in-home dog training is that a good percentage of people work 9-5.  So, their appointments fall after 5:00 pm.  Take yesterday for example.  After running errands all morning and meeting with the roofer, I went to a 4:30, a 6:00, and a 7:30.  I got home at 9:00.  I was planning on working out before dinner, but I was exhausted and hungry, and I had work to do in the office, so Hans put dinner together.  It was on the table by 10:00 pm. 

It was a tasty dinner too.  We had apple-cider chicken over pasta with green beans.  The portions were quite reasonable, and the dinner was wholly satisfying.  I had a banana for dessert (something I'm fine with not having when they are not in the house, but that I can't live without when they're right in front of me).

After dinner I trained the dogs for an hour (and had a blast doing additional work with Cody).  Then I went to bed.  I slept in later this morning, but that's simply because after some additional water intake yesterday I had to get up a few times in the middle of the night.

So, my questions are these: 1) Is this even an issue?  I know eating late isn't ideal, but the meals are healthy and well-balanced.  2) Do you have any tips?  I thoroughly enjoy my sit-down meals with Hans.  I already eat lunch on the run a good portion of the time, and I'd prefer to not do that with dinner too.  So if you have any suggestions that would be fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. There are so many differing perspectives about when to eat, what to eat, etc. I think the best approach is to make sure you are eating healthy and staying active. One thing you always hear is eat the breakfast of a king, the lunch of a prince and the dinner of a pauper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Random passer-by here.

    Eating actually boosts metabolism so eating before bed is not such a bad idea. The best thing is probably to eat veggies and low fat/low carb foods before bed. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete