Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Day At The Beach

It is very rare that I have a day off.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's been months since I had absolutely NOTHING to do.  Usually there's something going on.  Well, today was one of those days.  I have lots to do.  I have phone calls to make, websites to update, and dogs to train.  I have a house to clean (particularly an office) and dogs to bathe.  I have a few wedding preparations to help out with for Jessica's wedding.  All in all, there's lots to do.  However, today I found myself with a large portion of time of no appointments.  Usually I get office work done between appointments, but today all my appointments happened later in the evening.  Combine that with a beautiful, sunny, warm, autumn day, two dogs with pent-up energy, and the opportunity to let them off-leash to run it out, and I was easily swayed away from desk.  Off we went to the river.

I love the going to the river because Cody loves going to the river.  Today, Cody got to go with his best friend, CJ.  Plus, we normally go during the summer, which means there are lots of people, lots of noise, and not a lot of room for yourself.  Generally, Hans and I will find a rock in the middle of the river and just hope that no one bothers us.  In the fall, during the middle of a work day, the river is abandoned.  I was able to leave the sounds of the city behind, take out a book, a camera, and lunch, and simply enjoy a few hours during the day.  Forgetting my enjoyment, though, the dogs loved it!  Don't believe me?  Here's the proof:

RUN!

Splash!

One happy dog.

Run...again!

Wait for me!

Play!

What's over there?

We'll find something fun if we just keep digging.

The view when we left...beautiful.
See?  Great day!  I can't wait to go back.

1 comment: