Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Things I Brought Back From MN

This morning, I woke up.  I kept my eyes shut, not ready for it to be morning yet.  As I breathed in, though, I smelled this wonderful smell.  It smelled of yeast and warmth.  Total tastiness.  It was the freshly-made bread from the bread maker.

I've never owned (or even used) a bread maker before, but when Hans and I were in MN I found one in a yard sale when I went out for my jog.  I actually passed up on it, but when I returned to the house I mentioned it to Hans.  He got excited, and when his parents heard about it they wouldn't let me pass up on it.  They actually got it for me for my birthday.  I thought, "Cool.  Now I have a bread maker.  I wonder when I'll use it and if I'll like it."  Oh boy do I like it! 

I had warm Johnnie Bread with Honey for breakfast this morning.  It was wonderful!  Now I have some Bennie Bread going in the bread maker.  (For those of you who don't know, Bennie Bread and Johnnie Bread are delicious breads made by the monks at St. John's and St. Ben's.  They sell the mix so people far away can still have fresh, delicious bread.)  I am very much looking forward to having fresh bread tomorrow morning as well. 

Yes, I'll probably enjoy making bread by hand from time to time.  It's good stress relief, but the truth is the bread maker is so much easier, and I can have it fresh first thing in the morning.  This is great!

The other thing I brought back from MN were some mad disc golf skills.  Ok, so I think I left the skills in MN, but I did bring back a love for the game.  Hans and I went out with some friends for a game of disc golf.  This could very easily become my favorite new thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.  It will probably become even more fun with more practice.  I mean, really, I never once made par!  Oh well!  I still had fun.

Oh, and that reminds me, as we were headed for the course I received a very important call.  THEY LOVE SHADOW!!!!  They want to take her home.  Shadow actually has a forever home.  I'll be seeing them tomorrow to finalize and to say my goodbyes to Shadow (sad face), but I'm certain she'll be happy, and that makes me happy (smiley face). 

So, all in all, it's been a good day.  Oh, and if you're wondering, Cody's paws are doing marginally better.  We're keeping them wrapped when we're not around so he doesn't chew on them.  Other than that, we're keeping them disinfected and giving him lots of loving.  And I think Cody's very much enjoying being an only dog again.  He's being super-lovable, and he seems much more relaxed.  Of course, now he's going to need more play dates to make sure he doesn't get too bored (CJ, do you think you're up for that?). 

Yay for good days!

No comments:

Post a Comment