Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

At Least I Woke Up

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you're woken up in the middle of the night?  Until last night, I could say I never had.  None of my dreams ever involved me waking up as part of the dream.  Last night, though, I had this weird dream where I was on a cruise, sleeping soundly (something that should have alerted me this was a dream in the first place) when I was woken up by some sort of alarm.  The dream took on some really weird turns there, involving fathers, father-in-law-in-law, and Jeff Foxworthy, but ended happily with me falling back asleep. 

I curled up under my blankets, closed my eyes, and felt myself drifting back into sleep (in my dream).  Then, of course, my alarm went off!  In real life there could have been two hours between these two events, but it certainly didn't feel that way.  Waking up for real almost wasn't a possibility.  I just wanted to continue that blissful feeling of staying in bed.

However, I did get up.  It took a little while, but I made it.  After my rant yesterday, I decided I had to get up.  Also, Hans was a good motivator.  I stumbled around, had a glass of water, and Hans and I took the dogs for a walk. 

I had intended to jog, but after the time off and feeling so tired I decided to just walk.  It may not have been what I had intended, and I may still want to do more, but at least I woke up.  That's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment