Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Updates

So, there's so much going on I'm finding it difficult to piece together one solid blog.  Whenever I sit down I try to think of somthing to type, but I find I'm starting to sound like a broken record.  All that's really going through my head is "So busy.  I love my house.  Work is great.  So busy..."  So, I thought I'd give you all a few little updates to let you know what's going on in this house I love so much.

* If you read my post yesterday you know that I'm currently babysitting some puppies.  They're absolutely adorable!  That said, they're also only 3 weeks old, so they're currently kind of stinky.  Oh well, I think I'll get over it.  I especially love it when they try to suckle on my fingers.  So stinkin' cute!

* Work really is going well.  I'm almost nervous to say anything because I'm scared I'll jinx it.  I'm just so happy with everything, and I really love what I do.  I'm definitely starting to encounter more and more behavior issues, which is kind of scary.  You know, when I first started I had one maybe two behavior issues and the rest were just puppies who needed training.  Now I'm kind of well rounded.  I have dogs with behavior issues and puppies with obedience issues.  I have dogs whose owners think they have obedience issues but all they really need is a little attention.  I have dogs and puppies whose owners think they're perfect but who actually have serious issues.  Of course, the owners could only think they're so perfect since they called me!  I just want it to stay this way!!!!

* Hans and I have started painting our rec room...finally.  I was a little nervous about the color at first, but I think it's going to be beautiful.  I actually chose curtains a while ago, and I was going to return them, but I looked at them today and decided they look great too.  Hurray!  Next...the bathroom.

* For outside repairs, Hans is building a deck this weekend.  We had some lumber delivered yesterday, and Hans and one of our friends are going out this evening to pick up some more.  Even with the dogs we'll have a nice place to read, eat dinner, relax, and entertain.  Again, Hurray!  Next...yardwork!

* The VMFA (Virginia Museum of Fine Arts) just had their grand opening for their newest addition / remodel.  I haven't actually been to VMFA since high school.  Part of this was because of all the remodelling work they've been doing for the past few years, and part of it is because I just haven't made the time.  Now I really want to see the opening and take Hans to see the museum I used to visit quite often.  That and the Historical Society are pretty awesome.

* Other things I need to see include Ginter Park Gardens, the mountains, Williamsburg, and the beach.  I'm really trying to plan out my weekends so I can go see everything over the summer.  I'm having a little trouble because, at this point, many of my weekends are tied up with the WEE Shop.  I'm thinking that Hans and I will utilize as many Sundays as possible, and we'll just have a good time with it.

* That said, we're also getting ready to start fostering some other dogs.  These are dogs that have had a few minor issues (either mild fear aggression or just plain crazy), and are currently stuck in a kennel.  The first one we'll be getting in is really sweet and lovable, but at stand she's a little overwhelmed and barks and growls.  If she has someone near her she knows, she's fine, but when left alone she panics.  I'm going to try to introduce her to as many new things as possible (in a structured manner) so she can deal with days at Petco.  The other guy is really sweet, but he has tons of energy.  He'd have a foster already except he's a big escape artist and can easily jump 6 ft. fences.  So, I'm going to let him play with Cody a lot, take him on walks, and really work on training him  Exciting!  Let me just say, for all that HHS has done for me so far, I'm more than willing to do this for them.

* Lastly, I just got in some new agility equipment.  I'm going to up Cody's agility skills and work on a few other dogs.  I've always loved doing agility with Cody, and I really want other people to find out how great agility can be.  Cody loves agility work, and he just seems so happy with me when we work on it.  When I pulled out the equipment he got kind of excited, although he was a little confused.  "Why is there a tunnel in my house?  There's never been a tunnel in my house before!"  He likes it.

Well, that's it for the updates for now.  I'll post back soon to let you know how my C25k thing is going.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment