Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Non-Exercise Related Post

Sorry it's been so long since I've had a real post.  Things have been crazy.  Hans and I are trying to find time to paint (hopefully this week), plus he's designing a deck which he'll be building this weekend.  I've been working like crazy (Hurray!), and nights have been long.  That said, it's also been a great week.

I finally ordered some travel agility equipment which means that I'll soon be teaching some very (VERY) basic agility.  Cody has been excited about it too.  I thought he'd be most excited over the tunnel since that has always been his favorite obstacle, however he got really excited over the jump.  Over!  I'd yell, and over Cody would go.  Then he'd turn around and look at me as if to say "Let's do it again!"  I think he liked how happy it made me.  Honestly, I can't wait to work with him on it more. 

While I've been so busy, the dogs unfortunately missed me.  I felt bad for leaving them alone so long.  That said, I have taken them on a few walks and Cody has played with a few friends.  They both seem tired and relaxed, so I'm not going to worry too much.  Merlin seems especially happy.  We've been lightening up on his rules and he seems to be doing ok.  We're still keeping an eye on him since he gets so stressed so easily, but he has seemed genuinly happy lately.  Plus, he seems most content when he's just able to follow us around the house.  I like that.

I also went to court this morning.  I'm taking my apartment complex to court for unrepaired damages (and to be released from our rental agreement).  The judge continued the court date until next Monday do to a phrase in the Landlord / Tenant Act, but I think it went well.  The apartment complex didn't even send a representative, so it was pretty much just me agains nobody.  I felt very prepared, and the judge seemed sympathetic.  I'm hoping next Monday goes even better!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this next week turns out.  If I'm lucky, I may even add another post!

3 comments:

  1. Dang girl, you've got a lot going on! I didn't know you were taking your apartment complex to court- I hope you win the case! I'm sure you will since they clearly violated the terms of their own lease. Idiots. I'm also sure you'll be doing a 5k in no time. Besides, it's not like you're actually a couch potato who's inactive and lazy. You'll be running a 5k like it's nothing! :) On a side note, it was great to see you today- I wish we had more time to catch up!

    ReplyDelete