Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thank You

First of all, thank you to everyone who commented on my blog the other day.  That post was meant to do two things.  1) I wanted to share my story, get it out there, and encourage others to do the same.  It is only recently that I have felt comfortable in letting others know that I was that geeky, picked-on kid in school (why is there such shame in that?), and I believe it's important for other "geeky, picked-on" kids to know they're not alone.

2) I simply wanted to promote a better attitude towards others.  I guess this goes hand in hand with encouraging others to share their story, but the truth is, if we don't share how we feel, how can we expect others to change?

In response to one comment that was left regarding "angry" comments I had made on another's blog, I am truly sorry if they came across as angry.  The truth is, I was a little sickened by some of the adjectives used, and I was hoping to convey a sense of hurt and disappointment, not a sense of malice.  Who knows? M\aybe my awkward years made it so I really can't convey my thoughts in a decent way.  :)  Still, though, I am grateful for that comment, and I am sorry you have ever been treated poorly, for whatever reason.

I want people to know that it is NEVER ok to treat people poorly.  I don't care if they look funny, smell odd, talk with a lisp, committed a crime, or simply like different things than you like.  What you say, do, think, feel, act, can and will affect someone else.  I am not saying that I am perfect...far from it.  In fact, the only reason I stress this point so much is because I'm having so much trouble learning it myself.  I'll end that story here, because there's a lot more to say and another blog post in the future would probably be best.  For now, just know that I am grateful for your comments and your support.  Thank you!

By the way, if anyone finds this post to be a bit random or disorganized, forgive me.  It's earlier than I usually post, and I haven't had my breakfast yet!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment