Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Posting a Post

Last post for the day, I promise!

Blogging is very interesting to me.  It's cathartic and infuriating at the same time.  In many ways, it's better than journaling because I can throw my thoughts and feelings out to an open audience.  There's the possibility of feedback and support.  That said, there's also the problem that anyone can read it.

There are so many things I'd love to talk about on the blog, but I don't.  Either I'm worried what y'all in blogland might think, or there are too many people I know personally who would read it.  That's the frustrating part.

That said, one thing I will NEVER do is post something and say that I don't want comments or feedback.  I might tell you it's not needed, but I'd never deny you the opportunity.  What's the point in telling you if I don't want to know what you think about it?  Sure, some comments are best left unwritten, but that's the commenter's problem, not mine.

This post was created because I recently read a blog that made me want to post something.  I wanted to offer support and suggestions, but the blogger then stated that she didn't want to hear opinions.  She didn't want to know what more experienced people had to say.  She didn't even want to know what the world at large would say.  If they didn't agree with her, she didn't want to hear it.

It infuriated me.  Who is she to say that I can't give tips?!  If she didn't want comments, she shouldn't have put it out there.  She should have told a friend and moved on.  So, please know that I'm always open to comments.  I'm open to comments that agree.  I'm open to comments that disagree.  I open to comments that spark debates.  I'm even open to comments that are so awful they need to be deleted.  Why?  Because I wouldn't post on this blog if I didn't want to know what others thought. 

This blog may be about my life, and what I'm thinking, but it's also a conversation.  What kind of conversation would it be, if I was the only one who talked?

No comments:

Post a Comment