Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Updates and What I've Realized

So, over the past month I've realized something very important about myself.  When under extreme stress, my brain seems to shut down, and I live very much in the moment.  This is both a very good thing and a very bad thing.  It's great because my own body is limiting my stress.  If I start thinking too far into the future about all the things that need to be done, I'll surely explode.  However, if I only think about what has to happen right now, I'll be fine.  The problem is, this sometimes creates more stress, especially if paperwork is involved.  It also prevents me from writing blog posts, because my brain can't seem to function enough to have actual ideas.  Hence why my recent posts have merely been about what's happening and not full of questions or ideas.  It's not that I don't want to share.  It's actually that the only things on my mind are recent events.  Who has time for extra thinking?

Now, while still under extreme amounts of stress, I've done almost everything that I had to do.  Now I just have to wait for things to fall into place.  So, hopefully my brain will start to function like normal once again.  If you don't notice any blogging improvement, I beg you to please send me a good book.  Consider this act to be the same as jump starting a dead battery!  Since, however, I haven't quite started to regain all my thinking skills yet, I will share with you a few updates over the past week.

*SICK!  This was how I spent most of this past week.  I felt nauseous and dizzy.  Most importantly, I was extremely tired.  Beyond tired really.  I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat, and if I didn't sleep I'd develop migraine headaches in the evening which would make 10:00 seem like 3:00 am.  I finally started to feel better Friday evening and felt great Saturday.  Sunday (yesterday), however, was terrible.  I'm not sure if it was a stomach flu or food poisoning, but no amounts of Imodium could make me feel better.  Other than feeling a bit beat up today, I'm actually feeling a lot better.  I had a break in between appointments and took a nap in my car.  Never underestimate the power of car naps.  They're fantastic.

*The house is currently on standby.  Apparently there was some paperwork snafu with the previous seller, so our closing date was pushed back indefinitely.  Actually, this is kind of a blessing.  Between Pet Expo and being sick, absolutely no packing has happened yet.  I'm quite relieved to have the extension.  Besides, we have a place to live, so there's no huge hurry.

*Job worries abound.  The VA House of Delegates recently passed a proposal to cut all funding for the arts in VA by 2012.  It's not certain whether it will pass in the Senate as well, but I'm still concerned.  Part of me feels there's not a lot to worry about and to put trust in law makers and in God.  However, to put things plainly, part of me is scared shit-less.  If this bill were to pass, it would mean that Hans would lose his job, and, more importantly, we'd have to move out of state for him to find another decent theatre position.  Who knows?  Maybe we'll be back in MN sooner than planned (which was never).  Until that happens, I'm calling and emailing legislators.  My voice may be small, but it needs to be heard!

Really, other than that, there's not a lot to update on.  Well, maybe there is, but apparently I'm not functioning well enough to recognize it.  I know it's early, but I think bed sounds absolutely fantastic right about now.  ¡Buenos noches!  

No comments:

Post a Comment