Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life In the New House

Life has been...

Fun
Hectic
Stressful
Crazy
Amazing
Wonderful
Fantastic

Let me explain.

We closed on the house last Thursday and finally moved stuff in on Saturday.  Sunday I woke up sick. :P  Any attempts at unpacking on Sunday or Monday were thwarted by my pounding head and my attatchment to the tissues.

Today I'm feeling slightly better.  While my nose is now raw, it's running less, and I can at least feign wellness.  However, for those of you who haven't heard, I took a second job.  Hans and I have never owned a home, so we were'nt quite sure what to expect in the way of bills.  Anyway, I decided to take on a part-time job just to be safe.  It's fun, and I only work 12-18 hours a week so it doesn't really affect the business too much.  It does, however, affect the amount of time I have.  Plus, since I'm in training and it's the end of the month, I'm working a little more this week.  Which means, of course, that unpacking has waited even longer due to work.

Anyway, I'm not complaining.  I'm happy to have the house.  I just have a lot to do before it's company-ready.  The dogs, however, L-O-V-E it.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen Merlin so tired, and Cody really seems to be relaxing.  The overall atmosphere is one of happiness.  Plus, I was telling Hans this morning that I'm thrilled to actually have rooms...multiple rooms.  In the apartment, the livingroom, dining room, and kitchen were really one, big room.  Now, everything has it's own, separate room.  HURRAY!

So, I'll leave you with another anecdote.  Today, I got a call from the alarm company (just installed yesterday).  They had gotten an alarm that the back door was open.  I was on my way to an appointment, so they sent the police out.  I wasn't too concerned.  I knew that leaving the house had been a crazy period, and I figured I'd forgotten to lock the back door and Cody had gotten out.  However, when the police arrived, they called and said a side window was open as well.  OH NO!  I knew the windows shouldn't be open.  I called Hans and he was able to meet the officer.  Apparently, it was nothing.  The wind/Cody had opened the door, and the window wasn't actually open...it was just the stom window playing tricks.  So, everything was fine and I felt a bit like a fool.  The officer, however, did get to meet Cody.  Before Hans got there, the officer was walking around the property and looking through windows and doors.  Apparently, Cody is a great theft deterrent (according to the officer).  I have slobber smudges on the windows from where Cody tried to bite through them.  Good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment