Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jillian Michaels Kicked My Butt

I love to work out.  Let me clarify that.  I love to work out, but it's sometimes hard to get me started.  Yes,  I sometimes forget how much I love working out.  Consequently, I'll go through phases where I don't work out at all.  Therefore, when I do start working out again, I need something that will really push me and keep me motivated.  Sorry Richard Simmons.  You just don't do it for me! 

Of course, I always go back to running.  It's very meditative for me.  However, I also needed something for strength training.  Running everyday isn't so great for me, plus it doesn't add the muscle I so desperately need.  So, after reading a few reviews, I decided to try Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones.  Boy oh boy does that do it.

 

What do I like about it?  Everything!  Oh, you want something more specific?  I see.  Well, it's a fantastic work out.  The reviews said this was a great workout for beginners, but I'd disagree.  Granted, I am a beginner (kind of), but I do think there are some people that would find this DVD to be too difficult.  But that's where this DVD is really awesome.  You don't have to do the whole thing!  Jillian's really big on circuit training and her DVD reflects this.  You can do the whole DVD for 40 minutes, or you can choose just a few options to focus on one or two particular areas.  Right now, I can make through just over half of the DVD before my body starts to scream.  I'm working my way up.
Anyway, if you have a way of getting you hands on this, I recommend trying it.  By the way, mine's on loan from Netflix, so don't let lack of money stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment