Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pet Expo 2010

This past Saturday was BUSY!  Actually, if you've read this blog at all in the past week, you'll know that the past few weeks have been busy.  This Saturday, however, left me wiped out.  Saturday, February 20th was the Pet Expo to benefit Henrico Humane Society.  To give you an idea of what things were like, imagine 2500 people with their dogs plus vendors all crammed into a building.  Needless to say, things were hectic.

Impawsible Pups had a wonderful booth located on the corner directly across from the Henrico Humane Society's adoption stand.  We offered treats for the dogs and cookies for the people.  Since I recently put Merlin on a hypoallergenic diet, we even had a few treats on hand for those dogs who otherwise wouldn't be able to have anything. 

It was a lot of fun, but, like I said, it was tiring.  All in all, I loved meeting new people and talking to them about their dogs.  I hope some of them remember my name when they start looking for help training their dogs.  Otherwise, I look forward to the next big event!

Here are some pictures from the big day:
 Here's the booth set-up.  The statue is from Theatre IV and is of Cody from when he played Sandy in their production of Annie.  The vest he's wearing is a donation dog vest for Henrico Humane.  "Cody" raised quite a bit of money for them.  I think Hans did a great job with the banner.  Mom's doing a great job selling soap for donations, and the cookies are drawing people closer to my brochures. 
The cute dog looking at the camera is Merlin.  Apparently he found his twin at the Expo.  For a dog who seems to really hate adoption stand, Merlin did very well the entire day.  Of course, we gave him plenty of breaks to sleep, and at one point we had to cover his crate so people wouldn't bother him.  Still, though, he stayed fairly happy through it all.

 
  This picture was actually taken the night before the Expo, but I think it does a great job of describing the general feeling after the Expo.  We were all exhausted, and Cody, Merlin, Hans, and I all called it an early evening and fell fast asleep...and slept for the next two days!

1 comment:

  1. The vest the Fetch-A-Cure Cody is wearing looks like an Oscar Meier Weiners wrapper! Of course, I always thought that Cody was a hot dog. ;) Glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete