Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update

First off, I know I haven't been posting that much.  Life has been crazy, and my days have been filled with lots of things to do.  So, I thought I'd just do a quick post to update all my fans. 

- Pet Expo is this Saturday Feb. 20.  This is pretty much the largest event of the year for the business, so this is a super-crazy week.  Hans and I have spent a good majority of the week so far tying bones together to give to people.  We'll also be buying a bunch of cookies and putting videos together to attract people to my booth.  As tiring as it all is, I'm really excited about it.  Bark in the Park was a lot of fun, and this is even larger.  Plus, I've since teamed up with the Henrico Humane Society (who are holding the event), so I'll get even more referrals from them.

-  As if Pet Expo wasn't enough, Hans and I are scheduled to close on the house on the 26th.  Of course, while I wish we were completely packed already, it's just not happening.  Let's forget the fact that my evenings are spent tying bones together, but all the boxes we have are currently being used for Pet Expo!  I couldn't pack if I wanted to!  I just figure we'll rest Saturday evening and then start packing again on Sunday.

- Valentine's Day was quite a relaxing day for Hans and me.  Hans was super sweet and whipped up a tasty fruit and yogurt parfait, but he topped it off with chocolate-dipped strawberries.  How sweet!  Of course, we ended the day by tying more bones, but even that was relaxing at it was nice to spend that time together.  Sigh.

-Today is Fat Tuesday which means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday.  Do you know what you're giving up for Lent?  I'm giving up Lift.  More importantly, I'm giving up Lift brownies.  Lift is a tiny little coffee shop about a block from the theater, and they serve the most delicious brownies (must be made with crack).  Everyone loves them.  I, however, need to break free of my addiction from them so I am giving them up.  What makes this even harder?  My realtor (Diana Morgan) loves them too and the house is only a hop, skip and a jump away!  Maybe I'll try to make my own brownies.

- Lastly, business is going well.  I'm hoping to find a place to do group classes here soon (not in my back yard), and my clients recently have been fantastic.  I've started selling leashes and collars online, and I may be selling dog soap soon.  I only hope that business continues to grow.  I'd love to offer a variety of different classes like tricks and games.  I'll keep you posted if that happens!

Anyway, I hope all is going well with everyone else.  Hopefully life will settle down soon, although I doubt it.  Oh well!  I'd rather be busy than have nothing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment