Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Tid Bits

*Cody and Mo are much improved since their last vet visit.  Mo is almost done with his medication and Cody just needs a bath (with medicated shampoo).  Otherwise, the itching is practically gone and the breathing is back to normal.  What a relief!  Now, let's just hope it stays that way.

* As part of my business, I'm currently boarding a somewhat aggressive dog.  He's pretty mild by my standards, though I didn't think he would be.  So far, he really reminds me of Sam and I wonder if he started out in a similar way.

*  Speaking of business, everything's going really well.  I definitely think I made the right move by getting car magnets seeing as I've been accosted at Target twice (just today!) and asked for a card.  I'm really, really hoping this trend continues.  Things should stay going well until awhile after St. Valentine's Day (people love to give puppies as presents), but I'm wondering what April and May will be like.  That being said, I'm constantly wondering what the next month will bring.  Oh, how I dream of the day when I'll have my own kennel and can do doggie day care with regular clients!

* I'm quite sad that October is over.  As usual, October was a fantastic month for me all around.  Maybe it's just because it's my birthday month and all (so I'm already in a good mood), but October has always been good to me.   Work seems to be easier in October.  Leaves change colors in October (my special birthday gift from God).  The weather is warm but not hot, and everyone seems to be in a good mood.  November's nice too, but I miss me some October.

* Halloween was extremely uneventful this year.  Normally this is my favorite holiday, but I found that this year I felt it was too commercialized.  Maybe I was just too busy to care about greedy kids coming and begging for candy on my day off (I'm a Scrooge, I know), but I was really relieved when we didn't have a single trick-or-treater.  That being said, we were prepared with candy and we kept a candle lit by the front door (we were at least welcoming) but, as I said, not takers.  I suppose it doesn't help that we live on the third floor of a semi-retirement community!  Oh, and yes, Cody did dress up for Halloween.  He was a ghost, just like last year!

So, as you can see, life has been going well although not extremely exciting.  It's definitely not boring.  Well, not for me anyway.  I have lots to keep me busy and I'm happy.  And, really, isn't that all anyone can ever ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment