Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dog Trainer...Exposed

This blog may seem a bit odd at first, but I think it's a great idea.  I'm copying an idea I found on another blog I read.

Here's the thing, people today (women especially) tend to have horrible body image.  Instead of seeing how well their bodies work for them, they look at the fat and the cellulite and the dimples (yes, I'm guilty).  We all beat our bodies, trying to force them into submission.  That doesn't really work, though, does it?  After all the beatings we're typically just exhausted and still not happy with how we look. 

But you know what?  I love my body.  My body has carried me through a lot, from simple walking to riding horses to swimming.  I ask a lot of my body EVERY SINGLE DAY and somehow it keeps giving me more.  Yes, I'm guilty of beating my body.  Yes, I try to force it into submission.  However, it works best for me when I just accept it.  I know my body is strong enough to run, so I run.  I know it's strong enough to hold a leash and train dogs, so it does.  I know it tells me what it needs, and I do my best to listen.  So, here I am...fully exposed.


*Obviously that's supposed to say "Rides Bikes..."

I encourage all my fellow bloggers out there to follow suit.  I don't care if you're 90 lb or 390 lb, take the time to tell your body you love it.  Work for your body and your body will work for you.

Need more ideas?  Visit Mizfit, or any of the other amazing   blogger   bodies   out   there.

No comments:

Post a Comment