Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ask a Trainer

Saturday I had my first "Ask a Trainer" session. It actually went quite well. I spent some time last week making a bunch of homemade dog treats, and Mom came over Friday night with pizza and a movie to help me bundle them up. We paired the biscuits and each pair had a business card tied to it. I did have a few people ask me some questions, and I ended up giving away quite a few cards. All in all I think it was a success. I'll be in the West End this coming Saturday and back in Southside on the 5th.

Other than that, things are going well. I really feel like all this marketing is really making a difference, and I can only hope that things just continue to go up. Hans took off last Friday and yesterday. That made for a very pleasant weekend. Granted, while both Friday and Monday we both did some work, Saturday and Sunday were slightly more relaxed because we didn't have as much to worry about. Sunday, actually, we took long naps on the couch. I'm telllin' ya, it was beautiful.

It does look like Hans and I may be planning a trip to Chicago here soon. Unfortunately, it's not for the happiest of reasons. Hans' aunt passed away. I know Hans is concerned about his dad and his uncle, and I'm sure he wants to be there for them. I know he still needs to check in with work and make sure he can actually go, but I know he's going to do everything he can.

If we do end up going, we then have to figure out what to do with Cody. Of course, I say we should take him along, but that could get complicated. Plus, not everyone is as fond of dogs as I am, and they wouldn't understand why I feel Cody should come on a 15 hour car ride (other than just for pure enjoyment, he's also great protection). Plus, if he came, we'd probably end up having to put him in day care for a few hours since I doubt we'd be able to leave him at the hotel. He'd love that, of course, but I don't know how I'd handle it. Mom's always willing to watch him,and that might be the best option, but, like I said, I love having him with me. Oh well, I suppose we'll just have to play it by ear.

Alright, I suppose that's enough of my babbling. Hans and I will figure it out.

1 comment: