Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

100 Posts!!-a.k.a. Marketing Mayhem

So, I just realized that this is my 100th blog post. Yay me!!! Considering the fact that I don't think I have 100 journal entries for my entire life, that quite an accomplishment. Really, though, I had just planned on blogging about my day-to-day life, so here it goes.

August, as to be expected, has been extremely slow business-wise. Everyone's going back to school, so no one wants to start something new like training the dog (or getting a new dog for that matter). Anyway, that means I've been racking my brain with marketing ideas and then spending more time putting them into action.

Last Thursday, Mom and I spent the day going to different vets offices and leaving brochures. I am currently signed up to be a vendor for a Henrico Humane Society event called Bark in the Park. Plus, I've been going to area pet stores to see about setting up an "Ask the Trainer" time on Saturday afternoons. That would basically be a chance for me to sit in front of or in the store and allow people to approach me with their dog-training questions. I'm already all set for this Saturday! I'm also having a banner made (for Bark in the Park and similar events) and I'm getting two car decals so everyone can see my business as I drive through town.

So, as you can see, I've been busy. I'm hoping this will help business this month and will send business soaring in September. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment