Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mo

First, an update on the running front.  Today I ran a mile again.  No pain.  Yay!  Now to our regularly scheduled blog post.

I have two cats, one of which is named Mo.  I've had him since he was 4 days old after a kind woman rescued him from a Wal-Mart trash bin with his 3 brothers and sisters.  I bottle fed him and taught him to use the litter box.  As a junior in high school, I would wake up for 3 a.m. feedings and potty breaks.  Mo was always the first to wake me up with his loud crying.  He's always enjoyed food.

Mo is now 11 years old.  Over the years he's acquired one nickname: Vomitous Mo.  I call him this because he vomits regularly and often.  Mo vomits if/when:

-he's fed too early
-he's fed too late
-he's fed too little
-he's fed too much
-he wants attention
-he has too much attention
-he plays too much
-he doesn't play enough
-he's riding in the car (this is one he did even before he became known as Vomitous Mo)

and just because.

Other than the fact that it's gross, it's really quite humorous.  I mean, how many other people can predict the frequency of their cat's vomit?  I've had him checked for numerous health issues, and they come back clean, so we just laugh and clean it up.

Recently, however, Mo has not been vomiting.  I mean, it's been two weeks since he vomited.  We've had late nights where I was certain I'd have to clean something up due to his late dinner, but he's been fine.  There have been times where he's eaten extremely fast, and I thought surely he would vomit, but nope.  Heck, he's ridden in the car twice, and while his sister, Stolte vomited multiple times (she's not a fan of cars), he did nothing.  He just stayed calm.

Now, part of me is relieved.  I hate cleaning puke.  But the other part of me is worried.  I know it sounds odd, but it's so unusual for him to not vomit that I'm worried something's wrong.  What if he's horribly ill?  He seems to be acting fine, and his eating and drinking are normal, but what if there's something going on?

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing.  Maybe he's ill, or maybe he's finally feeling normal.  One thing that hasn't changed is his love for my socks, but that's a story for another day.  Good night, lovely people!

Handsome Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment