Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Things Are Going Well

Well, it's been over a month since I've made some pretty big changes, and things are going better than expected.  I'm feeling great, and I think I'm looking better too.  I feel stronger and more confident.  Little things aren't stressing me out the way they used to.  Anyway, I figured I'd give you an update on each change.

Up & Running
I am now in my 4th week of the Up & Running online course, and I couldn't be happier.  I may not be quite as enthusiastic about posting and following others' posts as what some of my course-mates are, but I am loving every moment of the work outs, and I very much love the support I am getting from the community.  I am so happy I signed up for this course.  Just four more weeks, and I'll be done.  I'm pretty sure I'll be signing up for future courses.

Cut the Meds
This, too, has worked out well.  My emotions aren't swinging the way they used to.  Sure, I have my ups and downs like all people, but my ups are more often than they used to be, and my downs are nearly as low.  I am not overwhelmed nearly as easily, and that makes life better.  Plus, I find I'm listening to my body more.  If I'm having a particularly bad day, I'm not sulking.  Generally those bad days just mean that I'm really tired.  I'll take a quick nap and feel better.  The other day I felt week and tired, but I could tell immediately that it wasn't the same kind of tired...sleep wouldn't fix it.  I stopped, listened to what my body was telling me, and decided that I needed a good hearty meal.  I felt better right away.  I couldn't do that before.  I couldn't listen to my body.  I just felt bad all the time, and I couldn't figure out how to feel better.

Diet Change
Yep, this is still good.  I'm not perfect, and I could probably do a little better, but I'm eating a lot more fruits and veggies than I was.  I'm still in love with watermelon, and it's my current go-to snack.  I have no idea what I'll do in the fall and winter, but I'll figure something out.

Keeping Clean
This one probably needs the most work.  I am doing better than I was, but I would love things to be spic and span, and they're just not there yet.  For the most part, though, the kitchen is staying clean, and the floors are staying vacuumed.  It's not perfect but it's better than it was.

On top of all those changes, I'm also doing a Sunday morning work out with a trainer.  Last week's was awful, but yesterday's was much better.  My legs are definitely stronger than my arms.  Hans is doing these workouts with me, and it's fun to compare how we feel afterward.  Like I said, last week was awful for me, but Hans seemed to do better.  This week was great for me (with minimal soreness), but Hans is exhausted.  Apparently his arms are stronger.

There are, however, a few other changes I'd like to make.  I'm working on them, but I haven't figured out the magical formula to make it all work.  So, here's my list of some desired changes.  Let me know if you can help!

1) Less internet time.  I spend way too much time on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites.  Stupid social networking is very distracting!

2) More sleep.  Sometimes I work late and less sleep is unavoidable.  More often, though, I stay up too late on the computer or reading.  Hmm, do you think if I cut back on internet time I'd also gain more sleep?  It's a possibility.

3) Less T.V.  I'm not a huge t.v. person, and I've certainly cut back on what I was watching, but I'd like to watch less.  I need to find other ways to relax than just watching t.v.  I also need to listen to my body a little more.  If I'm truly too tired to read, I should probably go to bed.  Watching t.v. won't help recharge me, and I certainly won't get any work done.

Alright, that's where I stand.  Any tips?  Any help?  Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for things getting better!! :)

    Have you tried reading to fall asleep?

    I try to limit my television watching to my time at the gym and maybe a couple shows at home like Criminal Minds or Without a Trace. I love to shop so it helps cut down on my time at home.

    ReplyDelete