Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Four Years

It is 6:48 EST, which means it is 5:48 in MN.  At this time four years ago, I was running.  I had just woken up from a very pleasant, memorable dream, and I couldn't get back to sleep.  I had a big day ahead of me, I was nervous, and I was running.  In less than an hour, I would be meeting Hans for breakfast and to gather food for our guests.  By the end of the day, we would officially begin a new family.

Four years have past, and what a whirlwind of excitement they have been.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.  Hans is patient and kind and always willing to help out.  He's put up with a lot, too, dealing with everything from crabby moods to barking dogs.  I can't say he's always done things with a smile, but he's been there.

In four years time, Hans and I have:

Moved to VA.
Lived with my dad.
Added to our family with Cody.
Separated for dog school.
Moved to an apartment.
Started a dog training business.
Bought a house.
Fostered countless dogs.
Weathered a tornado.
Fallen in love with countless dogs, only to love them enough to give them up to their forever home.
Built up a the business with beds, toys, soaps, and treats.
Cried a lot.
Laughed even more.

And those are just the major points.  We've been through many ups and downs in our four short years.  Things most certainly have not been easy.  Hans has been there every step of the way.  He's my best friend, my confidante, my companion.  He's always there, whether I need him or not.

In years to come, I know we'll face many more things.  Some day we will expand our family (more dogs??), some day life will change (hopefully for the better).  If there's one thing I've learned over the past four years, it's this: There's no one I'd rather spend the next 80 years with than Hans.  Here's to 8 years of being together, and 4 years of making it official!  Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!

Here's the church.  I love this church.  We spent four years studying here, so it was only appropriate that we get married here.

What you don't know is that we're actually both saying, "Bring us some food!"

The laughter has already begun.

I love this picture.  I love the way he looks at me.  I never see this face in person...but it's always captured on a camera.

The wedding party and some family...aka our emotional support group.

Run through the bubbles!!!

1 comment: