Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

What Women Want

What does a woman want?  Frankly, I don't even think we know.  Yesterday, however, after a stressful week, I started to get a bit snippy with Hans.  Some things he did just really upset me.  Lucky for him I realized my emotions were due to stress, so I didn't just fly off the handle screaming and yelling (although that's what I really wanted to do).  Honestly, I went into my own little corner (aka my car) and sniffled a little, and then I gathered my emotions and decided to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.  I went out to lunch with a friend and the day was better again.

Fast forward a few hours to my time working at the WE Shop.  After such a great lunch, the last thing I wanted to do was work in a store when I could have been outside in the sun...with the dogs.  To make my evening go a bit faster, I put on Michael Buble.  The CDs that were playing had some songs that are some of my all time favorites including one that Hans and I danced to at our wedding.  As I was stocking shelves and humming along, I started thinking of what might make that day better.  What did I really want right then?

I wanted romance.  I wanted someone to greet me in a suit and tie, holding a rose, and playing some classic Frank Sinatra (so much better than Buble).  I know it sounds cheesy, but that's what I really wanted.  I wanted a candle lit dinner, a scene very similar to that in Lady and the Tramp.  I wanted cuddles in the moonlight, time around the campfire.  Basically, take every cheesy movie you've ever seen, combine the the cheesiest scenes, and that's what I wanted. 

And I got to thinking, what woman doesn't want that every once and a while?  I mean if that were an every day thing it would get really old really fast, but as something that occassionally happens, as a surprise and not on a special occassion, I think it could be really great.

So, I got home around 10:30, after working and going to the grocery store.  The front light was not left on, so I had to fumble with groceries in the dark.  I had asked Hans to leave me some food out (basically, whatever he made for himself, please leave some for me) and there was nothing, meaning I had a granola bar and banana for dinner.  I was mad at first, but then I found out that Hans had left the light on, but the bulb apparently went out.  I was upset (and a little jealous) that Hans had eaten, but hadn't left anything for me, but then I found out that Hans hadn't eaten.  Instead he did housework.  Then I went into my office to get some work done, and I saw that Hans had gotten his computer to work with my printer.  What did the test page say?  "I Love You!"

It may not be a candlelit dinner, but maybe at this point in our lives that's all I really need.  I have a husband who loves me.  I have a husband who cares enough to leave a little note for me to find when he can't be there to tell me how he feels himself.  I have a husband who will come home during his short dinner break just to see me, and when I'm not there he'll come home anyway to help me with basic chores.  I think I'm a pretty lucky girl, and next time I'm ready to snap at some silly little thing, I hope I can remember how he's so great.

Thanks Hans.  I love you too!

1 comment: