Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little Tid Bits- Gaining Speed

Life right now feels very similar to a race track.  I feel like I'm just running in circles, gaining speed as I go.  There are so many things happening at once, and I'm trying by best to not throw the race and "trip."  That said, the majority of life is good, so I really want to keep it going.  That said, I know my blog has suffered, and it will continue to suffer until I feel a bit more under control.  Anyway, just to make sure my blog doesn't fail miserably, here are a few updates (not C25k-related) to let you know what's really going on.

* Cody is doing much better since his illness.  He's still sleeping a little more than usual, but he's otherwise acting his normal self.  Phew!

* Business is going extremely well, and I couldn't be happier on that end.  I still have a lot of work I need to do for the business, but I'm for the most part happy with the way it's going.  One of my short-term goals is to start offering agility training.  I really loved doing agility with Cody, and I know it helped us to bond.  I have some equipment, so I just need to brush up my skills a bit.  Now I just need to find the time!

* Also business related, I can't get my mind off of a kennel.  I really want a training facility with day care and boarding.  Seriously, I want it so bad I can taste it.  Honestly, I don't feel it's that far away, but I can tell I'm becoming more and more impatient.  I know what I want it to look like.  I know the general area I want it to be in.  I know how many dogs I think it should be able to hold.  I know how I want it to start, and I know what I want it to eventually become.  For now, I'm just going to keep dreaming, and hopefully I'll see my dream soon.

*The puppies are doing very well.  They'll be up for adoption as soon as they have their second set of shots and have been spayed/neutered.  They're really cruising now, too.  They love to run around and play, and I think they may even be picking up on some house training, although I haven't been able to work on that the way I'd like.  It's hard to believe they're 8 weeks old now.  It seems like just yesterday they could barely walk.  Ah, how time flies!

*Shadow and Merlin are doing well too.  Shadow is still super playful, which Cody has officially gotten sick of.  Merlin, while still finicky and touchy, seems much happier since we started him on thyroid meds.  He's happier more often and stressed less.  Even his happy times now seem much happier than his happy times before the meds.  I like it!

*Life at the WE Shop is pretty much the same.  I do love my boss, she's fantastic, and the work isn't bad...it just isn't what I want to be doing.  When I'm there from 9-3 I'd rather be with the dogs.  When I sell a hand bag I'm thinking, "I could never buy this because it wouldn't work with the dogs."  When I lock up for the night I can't help but wonder how much different it would feel if I were locking up my own place.  Would I be as eager to leave?  When my boss gets excited about how the shop is doing I can't help but be jealous because I'm not able to focus on Impawsible Pups.  It's frustrating to say the least.  That being said, I am getting into a groove and I'm trying to find the perfect balance.  Hopefully another person on at the store will make my hours less which will make life a lot easier.  Basically, I do like my job.  I don't think I could have found a better job for the situation I'm in.  My boss if really wonderful, and she's completely understanding of everything I'm going through.  But still, le sigh!  If only I had my own place!!! 

Alright, less wishing, more doing!  Time for me to get back to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment