Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Post

First of all, let me apologize for not having posted in a while.  Maybe no one cares anyway, but I always feel I'm disappointing anyone who reads this blog if I don't post something.  That being said, it's my blog and I can do with it as I please.

Well, there's a lot happening in the Paul household right now.  Business is going well in the new year (YAY!), and Hans is keeping busy at work.  Merlin is still our foster, and we just think he's the sweetest dog ever.  Well, unless you count Cody.  Cody is the sweetest, hands down.  We're starting to discover some of his little quirks, and we're learning to work with them and to train him out of those behaviors.  All in all, he's a fantastic dog who just wants a lot of food and love.

Cody seems torn about the situation.  He loves having someone to play with, but I'm pretty sure he misses his old lifestyle.  You know?  The one where he's the only child and no one is intruding.  He's definitely a jealous boy, but he still loves to run around the coffee table with Merlin.  It's cute...even if it is annoying to our downstairs neighbor.

Otherwise, I feel I'm doing well on my resolutions so far.  I'm having the biggest trouble with the fitness one, but I attribute that to the cold.  I'd like to go outside, but it's freakin' cold (well for VA anyway).  I'd workout inside, but there always seems to be something to do.  Anyway, I'll just have to keep trying.

I am trying to help out more around the house. I think I'm doing O.k. even though I definitely see room for improvement.  I just need to remember how good I feel, how accomplished, when I finish a big project around the house.  Or even when I just keep things really clean for more than a day.  If I can channel that feeling and use it to encourage me to clean, maybe I'll do O.k. 

The resolutions about less t.v. and reading more are going very well.  I'm already on my fourth book, and t.v. has fallen to about an hour or two a week as opposed to the 15 hours it was before.  Granted, the books are easy reading, but it's a good way to get me back in the habit.  Oh, and the last time I started watching t.v. I was so tired I fell asleep with in 15 minutes.  I slept through the entire show until Hans woke me up and we went to bed...at 10:00.

Now then, like I said, if I could only get a handle on that fitness thing.  Right now, I feel like this guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment