Ok, so really nothing is new...yet. First of all, let me apologize for not having blogged in so long. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to keep up my usual blogging rate right now, but I should be able to blog more than just once every three weeks. So, I'm at least trying to start the new year off right.
Second of all, I usually try to mention around this time of the year anti-resolutions and how resolutions are too short-lived and often die just a few short weeks after the beginning of the year. This year, however, there are so many changes happening anyway, that I figured I'd go ahead and make some resolutions. Some are about physical health, some about mental health. Some have to do with relationships while others are just fun things to try. The thing is, while 2009 was great, I really want 2010 to be better. I made some huge improvements to my life in 2009, but now I need to improve myself on top of it. So, I'll pretty much just give you my list of resolutions. I may not be able to keep all of them, but maybe having them in writing will be a huge help. Plus, I might have fun trying.
1) Stay in touch- I'm a horrible long-distance friend. I don't write letters, I abhor the phone (unless it's for business or to arrange a meeting), and if it weren't for Facebook, I probably wouldn't stay in touch at all. Unfortunately I've lost many good friends because of this. I ended 2009 by actually writing Christmas cards (I still have a few to send out), and I was thrilled at how many people responded. Even if all I do is send out Christmas cards again and stalk a little more on Facebook, I want to let people know I'm thinking of them.
2) Sleep more- I actually sleep a lot, but not on a great schedule. I nap during the day and stay up half the night. I need to set a bed time each day and keep to it. With this, I'd also like to be able to get up earlier.
3) Watch less t.v.- I'm a t.v. junkie. T.V. rots your brain. I should read more, or go outside, or play a board game with Hans. Basically, I should get off the couch.
4) Read more- Specifically I'd like to try the 50 book challenge. I think it sounds like a great idea, and I want to do it. Plus, this ties in with watching less t.v. It's a win-win.
5) Help out around the house- Right now, Hans takes on a lot of responsibility. I help out a bit, and I'm getting better, but I'd like to be great. Areas to really work on include cooking and kitchen and bathroom duties.
6) Fitness- What's a resolution without a fitness goal? Yes, I want to be at a certain weight by the end of the year, but I also want to be a certain fitness level. It's all fairly easily attainable. I just have to do it.
Well, that's pretty much it as far as resolutions go. I'm sure I'll think of more throughout the year, but that's all I've got for now. Wish me luck!
Lastly, a lot has happened in the past few weeks, and Christmas was a blast. Hopefully I'll be able to post about all the events soon, so keep your eyes posted!