Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Hair Do


I know it's hard for a lot of you reading this to picture my hair.  If you are able to picture it, you're probably picturing some generic ponytail with a hint of curl or (if I'm lucky) a picture from an event where I may have had my hair styled (wedding comes to mind).  If you saw my hair at a styled event you saw it straight, or you saw it blow-dried, curled, spritzed, and sprayed to the point of near death.  Otherwise, as already stated, you saw it in a pony tail.  When left to its own devices, my hair frizzes, partially curls, and forms what can only be considered a pyramid of bad hair don'ts.

I was getting sick of that routine.  I have curly hair.  It's taken me a long time to embrace it, but it's true.  I have curly, corkscrew hair.  I also, however, have no hair work ethic and definitely do NOT want to spend hours making sure my hair is curlicious.  So, when I heard a commercial on the radio about a salon that specialized in curly hair, I thought it might be time to give it a try.

As a birthday gift, Mom hooked me up.  You can see the results to the right.  That do came from a special shampoo and conditioner and one (1) product.  I never saw a blow-drier nor did I see a curling iron (at least not near my head).  They gave me tips to help me keep it up and they were very friendly.  Trust me, I'll be going back.  That being said, I suppose the real test will come tomorrow morning when I try to replicate this style.  I can't promise anything, but I'm definitely hoping.  Considering the fact my hair has never looked that good, that short and without the aid of at least 2 different heat tools, I think I stand a chance.  Here goes nothing!

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering where you too can receive such a great hair style, check out Imago Salon (www.imagohair.com).  I highly recommend them.  If you don't want to try a new salon, at least amuse yourself with this commercial: http://www.imagohair.com/CurlyGirlVideo.html

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment