Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yet Another Show

Here we are, in the midst of another show. While the process has been fun, I'm definitely ready for it to be over. Cody is getting hot in his long winter coat, and I'm just down right exhausted. Plus, the time it takes to do the show is valuable time I could be using for business. Lately, I've just been setting up office in the rehearsal hall, using Cody's crate as my desk. It works, but it's a hassle.

As far as business goes, it's going surprisingly well. My schedule is quickly filling up with consultations and lessons. It's hard to believe that just 5 weeks ago I was just out of school and hoping to at least have 1 client. That being said, I still have lots of room to grow, and I can't wait for my scheduled to be filled to the brim (possibly a waiting list).

I don't know if I've mentioned what I eventually want to do with this, but I do have goals. My big goal is to open a doggie day care / boarding / training facility. That's a ways down the road though. I'll reassess where I am in a year and see how close I am to obtaining that goal. Still, though, while driving to the places is a hassle, I'm still quite happy doing what I'm doing. Each new dog is an excitement. Basically, now that I've found this, I can't imagine ever doing anything else. It's nice to love something that much.

I can only hope that you out in blogland are just as happy doing what you're doing! If not, I wish you luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment