Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Quick Update Since It's Been Forever

I hate the fact I'm not posting regularly.  Each day I tell myself I'm going to post something.  Maybe I'll chat about my brainstorming idea, or maybe I'll just tell you the goings-on of my daily life, but either way I'll post.  And then, each day passes, and I realize that I've missed another posting opportunity.  So, to avoid keeping y'all waiting any longer, I thought I'd do another little update (a.k.a. Lil' Tidbits).

*Life around here has been crazy...mostly in a good way.  Hans and I are leaving tomorrow for MN, so we're busy preparing for the trip.  Since we're leaving Shadow and Merlin (and the cats) at the house, we've been trying to exercise them as much as possible.  Shadow's a high-energy dog, so we're running with her and Cody  every morning.  I normally don't like to run every single morning, but she seems to enjoy it so much I can't resist.  Plus, just to tire her out I 've had to increase my distance.  Last week we were going just over a mile.  Now we're going over two miles, closer to three miles.  Admittedly, that's not all running, but it tires her out just the same.  Sicne we're leaving tomorrow, Hans will not be joining us on the jog in the morning (he needs his legs for driving), but I still plan on taking Shadow.  I'm also planning on doing an extra-long jog/walk, so she's super tired the rest of the day.  Wish me luck!

*To add to the mix of excitement, we're now fostering another dog!  I know, we're crazy.  Her name is Boomer, and she's another Labradoodle.  She's a little smaller than Cody, but she's super sweet.  I don't know what her last family did to her, but she's absolutely terrified of everything.  If I had to guess, I'd say she was probably just left outside and paid very little attention (under-socialized).  Still, though, she's coming out of her shell fairly quickly.  She's been coming on our morning excursions too, and she loves them!  It seems to be that the thought of going out the front door instead of the back door thrills her.  She'll be coming out with Shadow and me tomorrow morning too (Cody will stay behind since we're taking him on the trip with us).

*All the puppies have finally been adopted.  The last one, Cooper, was adopted by the family who offered to foster him while we were away.  Apparently, they loved him, and they'll be finalizing everything this weekend.  Such a relief!

*I'm hoping after we get back Hans and I can do some work to finish the basement.  One, it could use a few added comforts.  Two, I'm hoping to do a little in-board training.  Business is going very well, and I'd like to give more people more options.  Plus, I love having all the dogs around!

*I mentioned that Shadow and Merlin and the cats (and Boomer) will all be staying in the house while we're gone (so no one had better try to break in, or else you'll be sorry).  There's only one reason I'm able to do this.  I have the best parents ever!  When we were finding trouble placing everyone for the two weeks, Mom offered to drive in from TN and take care of everyone.  She said she could be there Monday through Friday, but that someone else would have to handle the weekends.  That's when Dad said he'd help us out.  Honestly, I don't know what we'd do without them, and I'm extremely grateful.  Thanks guys!

Well, that's pretty much it for updates.  Well, at least those are the big things.  Other than that, I've been working 12-13 hour days, coming home, eating dinner around 10:00 and passing out.  When you've been waking up at 6:00 to run with the dogs, leaving the house by 9:30, and not getting home until 9:45 you tend to be tired.  But I'm not complaining.  I love every second of it!

Wish me a safe trip!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great trip as it is much deserved! If you ever need an extra person to check after the animals I am happy to help!!!

    Can't wait to hear how Boomer comes around. Maybe some of the techniques can work on Chloe who now spends the majority of her life hiding under the bed.

    ReplyDelete