Sorry for the long-overdue update. Things have been a bit hectic around here, and I hadn't quite realized how fast time was flying by. Some things have been great, and others not so much, so let me tell you about it.
1) I'm running again. OK, so I never really stopped, but I did have some trouble getting back into it after the marathon. I had planned on doing a running streak (running every day between Thanksgiving and New Year's), but a HORRIBLE 1.5 mile run on Thanksgiving ended that fairly quickly. I took about a week off, but then I had a fabulous run, and things have been great ever since. In fact, on Saturday I ran 9 miles and set a new PR for overall pace. Actually, it was a new PR overall, so that's great.
2) My dad was recently diagnosed with diabetes. This is a first for my family, and I'm not at all happy about it. Dad, however, is taking great steps to improve his eating and keep him healthy. So far, I think he has the right idea, but there are things I think we could improve upon. I'm going to try to follow his plan fairly closely, because him having diabetes means that I'm at high risk for it. The fact of the matter is I could stand to make some healthy changes anyway, so I'd better get crackin'!
3) My dad also recently got a new puppy. I don't normally condone getting a puppy when there are so many rescues out there, but Hairy (the new pup) makes Dad so happy, so who am I to complain? Plus, the little guy is so stinkin' cute! Oh, and I got Cody as a pup from a breeder, so I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I complained too much.
4) There have been major changes at the kennel. I recently parted ways with both my groomer and my kennel manager. One was over how we treat clientele (I want them to be happy) and the other was a bit of a self-realization. This means there has been a lot of shuffling and a bit of scrambling, but I think it's all working out.
5) Cody and Lollie have been great. Cody is still running with me, and Lollie is still happily sleeping until I return.
All in all, life is good. Busy, but good!