Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

MTT Week 10- Seven Miles

Do you know how weird it is to say, "Oh, this is a short week.  We're ONLY running seven miles"?  A year ago, heck, just a few months ago I was in awe of anyone who could run over three miles.  Yet, that's what happened to me today.  Today, my run was ONLY seven miles.  I wasn't stressed going into it.  I didn't have any fears about not being able to finish.  I felt good going in, and I knew I'd be good coming out.

It is amazing to me.  It was just a little less than a year ago that I was wondering if I'd be able to run a 5k without walking (August 13th marks the 1 year anniversary).  I was so proud of myself for being able to finish 3.1 miles, and I was thrilled that I'd done it in under 35 minutes.  Today, I ran a "short" run of 7 miles.  I stopped once at the designated SAG stop, and then I continued on.  After my run, I then biked home, showered, had breakfast, and biked 5 miles to work.  Where did this person come from?  I like this person, though, so I think I'll let her stay around.

In other big news, I've officially registered for my first half marathon.  I'll be running 13.1 miles on August 25, 2012.  I'm sure it will be HOT, and that scares me more than anything else.  Oh well!  It wasn't long ago that I was scared of running seven miles, yet I'm now quite comfortable with that.  I'm sure 13.1 will be fine.


1 comment:

  1. That's what I love about running: discovering how much and how far you really can go. Excited for your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete