Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

MTT Week 6

This week has been EXHAUSTING!  Hans and I, along with our friend, Shannon, are preparing to open a kennel in just over a week (more on that soon), so the days have been long.  In addition, I've been getting my runs in.  Sure enough, I made it out this morning.

This morning was hot.  It was very hot.  I was extremely grateful that the majority of our run was in the shade and that we left 30 minutes earlier.  I don't know that I would have made it otherwise.  Why?  Today's run was for 8 miles.

I'm super-stoked that I just ran 8 miles.  Even better, other than being wiped out by the heat, I felt pretty good physically.  My legs weren't tired, I didn't feel defeated.  I just needed to rehydrate a bit.  It was a pretty good feeling.  It almost makes me want to run another 8 miles...almost.

The best thing about today's run was the company.  Shortly after I got to the meeting sight, I saw a girl I run with on Thursday mornings.  She keeps about the same pace as me, so she's good to run with.  She was talking to a friend of hers, so we all ended up running together.  Running with them definitely helped the time to pass faster.  It also helped to keep me motivated and moving.  Otherwise I would have walked A LOT more.  All in all, it was a good run.

Next week we drop back down to 6 miles, and the weather should be cooler...two things to make life easier.  Next week is also Hans' and my 5 year anniversary, so it will be a big day.  I'm hoping I get a fuel belt as an anniversary gift (did you catch that Hans?), but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Speaking of anniversaries, does anyone have any ideas for a 5th anniversary gift?  Hans isn't being very helpful, and all I have now is a kennel.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

For now, my posts may be fairly sporadic as I try to adjust to the new kennel life.  I will at least try to keep up with my Marathon Training posts.  You can also follow some dog-related posts at my other blog, http://askadogtrainer.blogspot.com/.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment