Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lil' Tidbits

Hello all!  I have a lot running through my mind, so I thought I'd share a few tidbits and updates with you.

*I have a hard time working when it's cold.  I have an even harder time working when it's raining.  All I want to do is curl under the covers and sleep!

*Pet Expo is this weekend.  It's a huge fundraising event for Henrico Humane Society, and it's a lot of fun.  I'll be one of the vendors, so it's also a lot of work, and I've been busy sorting inventory and what not.  Still, though, I'm super-excited!

*I went out to dinner with some girlfriends last night (something I rarely do anymore because of money and health concerns).  I came to the realization that the Mexican restaurant we went to has absolutely no healthy options.  Even their salads are loaded with things like sour cream and refried beans and are served in fried bowls.  Fajitas were the best option, and I only ate half.

*I am still thoroughly enjoying my swimming.  I'm varying my workouts, though.  Some are really hard and others are fairly easy, but the end result is what I'm looking for.  My pants are looser and I'm more comfortable.

*I'm still really missing running.  I find I'm tempted more than a few times a week to just throw on the running shoes and head out.  Sigh!

*The knee hasn't been bothering me as much this week.  Last week was actually pretty bad, but this week I'm feeling really good.  It did start to hurt this morning, but as I was shaving my legs in the shower I heard a pop, and everything has been hunky-dorey since then.  I'm not actually sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm not really going to worry until it starts to hurt again.

*Poor Lollie has been having sympathy pains!  She started to limp last week, and after looking her over we figured it was simply that she had licked a paw raw (she licks when she's nervous and last week was stressful).  I bandaged her up, and things seemed better with the bandage on.  However, after a week of little to no improvement, I stopped by the vet to see if they could quick check her out (another reason it's important to have a great reputation with your vet).  They couldn't really feel anything, but her knee did pop (I'm telling you the similarities are freaky), and she seemed a little tender.  So, she's on pain meds now, and they seem to be working.  She hasn't limped since yesterday.

*I'm thrilled that all 6 dogs in the house are starting to figure out the routine and the rules of the house.  It makes life a lot easier.  Oh, and they like to sleep on rainy days too!

*I am ever-so-happy to have Hans in my life.  He treated to me a sweet St. Valentine's Day, and he's been very helpful around the house.  He even makes sure I make it to the gym as often as possible because he knows I'm cranky if I don't go.  This sometimes means he's waking up super-early so he can go with me.  What a guy!

Well, there you have.  Some of my many thoughts.  I hope you're doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment