Well, I've been tagged in a post! Apparently, there's this fun little get-to-know-you game going around, a running friend of mine, Kristie, tagged me. Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and join in! Here goes!
There are six rules.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post (i.e., Kristie's for me).
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged."
11 random things about me
1) I swam from 2nd grade through 7th grade both summers and winters, but I quit after my winter coaches (the better coaches) moved to Hawaii.
2) I love to read historical fiction. More importantly, if there's something interesting in a historical fiction book, I'll often go online and fact check.
3) I did not grow up on a farm, but I did have at one time 6 ducks, 5 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 horses.
4) I love riding horses, but I hate riding English. Western is the way to go (there's no posting).
5) My favorite line in a movie ever is from Lilo & Stitch. It goes, "This is my family. It is little and broken, but is good. Yeah. Is good." It describes how I feel about my family.
6) I live in house with very little land, but I am currently living with 6 dogs and 2 cats.
7) I'd love to own chickens simply because I want fresh eggs.
8) I have traveled to 7 different countries and many different states. I've been to Mexico, Canada, Aruba, Barbados, China, Japan, and Korea.
9) My ultimate goal is to travel to (and possibly live in) Ukraine. I have family I want to meet.
10) I only know a few words in Ukrainian: Hello, Lord have Mercy, To You Oh Lord, Holy, holy, holy, I love you, and Kiss my a** you stupid monkey! That last one doesn't quite fit.
11) I really want to be an awesome athlete. While it's not a concrete goal, I think it would be cool to do an Ironman.
Kristie's Questions for me
1. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are they're names? Yes. I have two dogs, Cody and Lollie. And I have two cats, Stultae and Mo. On top of that, I foster dogs, so currently there are four additional dogs in the house: Ellwood, Katrina, Tina, and Merlin.
2. What is your favorite dessert of all time? This one's really hard. I'll pretty much go for anything chocolate, although I prefer for it to be warm.
3. Are you an Oxford Comma user? Yes!
4. What's the best field trip you ever went on? Hmm, I'm not sure if it's the best, but my most memorable field trip was a time when my elementary school class went to the orchestra. I was very impressed by my teacher's description of the conductor, and all of his duties.
5. If you had a time machine and could travel to any time in history, what would it be? Tudor age England
6. Who is the most influential teacher you ever had? Why? Honestly, there are two. My first was my first grade teacher, Mrs. Daily. I was scared of leaving kindergarten, and she was so sweet and wonderful. I adored her. The second was my high school choir director, Ms. Fusco. She always made sure I was well-prepared for whatever I wanted to do. She even talked me through a few disastrous events in college. I'm no longer working in music, so we don't chat as much, but she's always quite supportive.
7. What is your favorite makeup product? I don't wear much make up, but I kind of love all MAC products.
8. What's better? Clean sheets or new pillows? Clean sheets.
9. What is your favorite poem? The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
10. What is your secret to happiness? Dog kisses! ( I also really enjoy snuggling with the kitties).
11. What's your favorite movie of all time? I don't really have one, but I do enjoy a good Audrey Tatou film.
My questions for the friends I tag
1) Have you ever dyed your hair?
2) Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other creature?
3) Did you participate in a sport in college? If so, what sport?
4) What is your favorite hobby?
5) Where is the most memorable place you've ever been?
6) What is the one physical trait you like most about yourself?
7) What is your biggest pet peeve?
8) What is your favorite thing to do for exercise?
9) Have you ever broken a bone? If so, where?
10) What is the worst job you've ever had?
11) If you could do anything in the world, just once, what would it be?
I'm tagging Liz, Emily, Maleia, and Janine.