Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ugh.

Today is not a good day for me.  Today I feel awful.  It all started on Friday.

Hans came to the kennel and asked me to feel his forehead.  He said he felt feverish.  Sure enough, he was running a fever, and when we took his temperature the thermometer read 101.  So, Friday night was spent caring for him and hoping he felt better on Saturday.

Saturday morning, when we woke up, he still had a fever, so it was back to bed for him and off to work for me.  While Friday was a beautiful, sunny day though, Saturday was a wet, cold, snowy mess.  By the time I got home from work, I was stiff, sore, and had a slightly scratchy throat.  After making sure Hans had dinner and dishes were put up, I crawled into bed and somewhat appreciated the fact that my husband's body temperature was slightly higher than usual, as it kept me warm.

When I woke up on Sunday, I had a harder time going through the motions.  I didn't wake up as easily, and my sinuses were definitely an issue.  After work, church, and some errands, I came home around 2:30, crawled into bed, and didn't leave until yesterday morning.

Yesterday was the test day.  I would either get better or I'd get worse.

Today, I'm worse.

I'm supremely tired, my throat hurts, my chest hurts, my nose hurts.  I want nothing more than to curl up in a ball and sleep.  Alas, I am no longer 5, and I have to work.  :(

There are things I've noticed about myself when I'm sick, though.

1) Any part of my body that has ever been injured will hurt.  This includes the knee I fell on in 8th grade and the toe I broke when I was 17.  They just seem to flare up and say, "Hi!  We're here."

2) I get really hungry.  I crave carbs mainly.  I can also often get away with raisins as a healthier alternative, but when I'm really hungry I want bread.  At the beginning, I often want ice cream or hot chocolate as well.

3) I'm much more irritable.  I think this is normal for most sick people, and for me I chalk it up to the fact that I'm cold, tired, and feel like poopers!

Really, I just get fussy.  I revert back to the 5 year old who just wants to lie on the couch and sleep all day.  Please???  Can someone let me do that???

No comments:

Post a Comment