Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things: Running Edition

1) That feeling as I hit my stride and each step is no longer an effort.

2) The smell of honeysuckle.

3) The smell of the barbeque restaurant as they prepare for the day.

4) The sound of Cody's collar and tags jingling next to me.

5) The sight of the flowers blooming in the city.

6) Learning new roads by foot.

7) Seeing sights I'd generally miss by car.

8) Returning to my route by car and remembering my run and how good it felt.

9) The soothing effects of a hot shower (I wish I owned a hot tub).

10) Watching Cody sleep after a long run.  He's so tired!

11) Surprising myself by running farther than planned.

12) Knowing I can run a 5k and not worrying about having to walk.

13) A cool, cloudy day that makes for a great run.

14) Running in the pouring rain.

15) Drying off after getting soaked from running in the rain.

In case you can't tell, I've really been enjoying running.  My past few runs have been hard but very, very satisfying.  Why didn't I do this sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment