Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Big Tid Bits

How has it been so long since I last posted?!  I feel like there are so many things to talk about, but I don't want this to be too long of a post, so I'll try to summarize each thing.

First, let me shout out how proud I am of Hans.  Hans has spent the past few weeks training for his very first 10k, and on March 29th he finally ran an official race.  He was fantastic.  I was having a REALLY bad running day and struggled to keep up, but Hans ran the whole way.  He finished in about 72:00:00, so not bad for his first go round. 

I have to say, it's been interesting watching him run and get into different aspects.  It was fun to see how his gait changed when he got new shoes, and how he went from "I don't want to wake up" to "Let's go for a run!"  Of course, sometimes it's "I don't want to get up, but I should go for a run."  It's also interesting to see where his preferences differ from mine.  For instance, I love road running.  I don't have to think much (especially if traffic is light), and I can really get in a groove.  This bores Hans, though.  He seems to prefer trail running where each foot fall is different and new.  This really could be good for both of us in the long run.

Second, I have to say how loved I feel.  This past Sunday was my baby shower.  It was larger than  your standard shower, and I felt so loved by all my family and friends.  Really, I could not have been happier.  I'm so happy to know that daughter will have so much support from so many people who love her already.

Now that's done, Hans and I feel really comfortable buying things for the nursery.  We'd been waiting to see what would be gifted, and we lucked out on a lot of the things we got.  Now it's time to go shopping (which is both thrilling and terrifying from a financial standpoint).

Also, as for news on the baby front, I had my glucose test a few weeks ago.  I was really nervous about how it would be and how things would turn out.  Well, there's lots of good news on this point as well.  First, the test wasn't bad at all.  I expected icky syrup and a spinning head and sick to my stomach.  What I got was essentially some flat orange soda and craving for sweet snacks that lasted longer than I would have liked.  Second, I do not even come close to having gestational diabetes.  So, YAY!

There's also huge news on the kennel front.  For the past two years, we've been trying to raise the funding to redo the kennel yards.  Well, the great news is that we finally can!  Tomorrow starts a week-long project where we're installing artificial turf.  This is so huge!!  I actually think Cody and Lollie are excited about it too. 

Both the dogs have been wonderful.  They've been perfect snugglers as I've been getting more and more tired.  Both of them seem particularly interested in my belly which is sweet.  Actually, I do have an amusing story from this weekend.  Usually, both dogs and both cats tend to stay near me when I'm home.  They're generally in the same room, but not necessarily right on top of me.  This weekend, though, Hans' mom, sister, and grandmother came to visit which meant space was a little more limited.  I don't think I realized until this weekend just how much the animals hang out around me.  At one point, Hans and his family were all sitting on the couch and I was in a chair across the room with my feet on an ottoman.  Both cats were at my feet, Lollie was in my lap, and Cody was seated right next to my chair.  They could have been snuggled up next to anyway, but all four of them wanted to be around me.  It definitely gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Well, that's all in big news for now.  I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow, and hopefully I'll remember to update the blog more often than once every three weeks!  Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Dogs are wonderful companions. I could say based on my experience that it seems that they could feel if I'm lonely or happy. They are so playful which could ease boredom or even depression. They are just part of some people lives, including me. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete