Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feeling Strong

OK, I should probably start this post by letting you all know that I'm fighting off a bit of a head cold.  It's mild, but it's annoying.  Oh, and to all the people who have come into contact with me while knowingly sick:  I hate you.  You may be able to take copious amounts of medication, but I can't, and that's just not fair.  OK, on to other things.

I've been feeling really good lately (minus the head cold).  Last week, not so much.  Last week I felt bloated and tired and icky and gross.  I couldn't get comfortable, and I didn't want to do anything.  I knew I needed a mental break more than a physical one, and all I really wanted was to take my dogs out for some time in the woods.  Finally, after moping all week, I was able to get out for an hour.  It wasn't much, but it felt great, and the dogs LOVED it.

Apparently that hour of spiritual rejuvenation kick started a chain reaction.  I had to work on Saturday, but Sunday I stayed busy.  I went for a 9 mile run, went to church, went to brunch, went to the museum, went for another hike (a little shorter this time), met Mom at Starbucks, did some shopping for the nursery, and ended the evening with a movie with Hans (I don't recommend Don Jon, by the way).  I felt good at the end of the day...tired, but good.  I did, however, worry about how I'd be the rest of the week.

Yesterday wasn't so great.  I was obviously still recovering from the day before, but I took a nap when I could and went to bed early.  This morning I was back to being active.  I ran 4 miles, did some light cleaning at the house, went to work, and finished the day off with some prenatal yoga (which I'm loving).  Admittedly, I'm taking things fairly easy at work and am only focusing on desk work, but I've been feeling great (again, minus the head cold).

My run this morning was surprisingly easy.  I felt stronger today than I have in a while.  At yoga, I was able to complete sequences without going into child's pose (which rarely happens).  Maybe it's one last hurrah before my body collapses, but I'm loving it.  I really hope I continue to feel this way for a while (yet again, minus the head cold).

Also, in case you can't tell, I'm in a bit of a bragging mood.  I mean, how many other women can say they do all that at 22 weeks preggers?  Maybe just the simple fact that I'm earning bragging rights is keeping me going.  All I know is I can't wait to see how things progress.

Oh, and in case you're wondering about weight, weight gain is back on track.  I'm closely monitoring, but so far things look good.  All in all, it's been a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment